LOCATION: Los Angeles, California
WE ARE RALLY
RALLY is an issue advocacy firm that works at the intersection of strategic communications and public policy. We collaborate with inspiring partners to create powerful movements that galvanize the public and leave a positive legacy of change.
Our dynamic team consists of experts in philanthropy, campaign management, and political and media strategy. Together with our clients we have coupled robust communications campaigns with impact litigation to improve California’s K-12 education system and drive a profound shift in public opinion around marriage equality. We’ve developed innovation challenges to improve firearm safety, and built organizations and campaigns focused on health care, environmental, and social justice issues.
With offices in Los Angeles, San Francisco and Seattle, we work nationally but embody the creativity and innovation that has defined the West Coast. These attributes inform our company’s attitude and approach and help shape the creativity we use to drive causes forward.
OUR CLIENTS ARE CATALYSTS FOR GOOD
Our clients are leading foundations, advocacy organizations, philanthropists, high-profile individuals, and commercial entities who strive to influence public policy, public discourse and public opinion. To that end, they have engaged us to build advocacy organizations from the ground up; to develop messaging and execute communications campaigns of all stripes; and to help them develop events, social media strategies, and reach influencers of all stripes. Most of our clients have worked with us for years and we’re proud to call them our friends.
To learn more, visit www.wearerally.com.
The Digital Director will lead the digital team, deliver best-in-class digital campaigns, help shape the organization’s digital business strategy, and contribute to the firm’s thought leadership. The Digital Director will work with team leads and clients to maintain integrity of the strategy through the creative process.
Essential responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing digital strategy for multiple clients, including leading multiple accounts and a digital team.
- Devise and execute digital campaigns, including developing additional social media tools, partnerships, and digital tools.
- Lead development with team of all digital strategy, including fundraising, digital organizing, digital rapid response, video, web, and social.
- Lead creation and oversee digital process and execution, including writing, editing, design, video production, segmentation, web development, reporting, and more as needed.
- Manage current team of two, identify opportunities for team growth, and hire and train additional team members.
- Providing strategic guidance and day-to-day supervision for assigned client accounts, including junior staff supervision and oversight of work product quality.
- Engaging with clients on a daily basis—in person, on the phone, and/or via frequent email contact.
- Work with account teams at RALLY to provide digital tactics and execution.
- Work with firm leadership to develop pitch decks, digital proposals, and seek new business opportunities.
- Monitor trends in content marketing and digital and social media, as well as new digital technology for advocacy and online organizing.
- Educate and support client and internal teams on social and marketing channel value, best practices and ongoing evolution implications
Staff Development/Firm Management:
- Attending regular staff meetings and team meetings and providing input and feedback on business improvement, including client service, staff development, and office procedures
- Serving as a mentor for junior staff
- Pursuing professional development plan developed in collaboration with supervisor
- Contributing to strategic growth and brand positioning for company overall
- At least eight years of experience in digital strategy, digital advocacy, or demonstrated equivalent experience, with preference for experience at a firm/agency, foundation/association, or in a political or issue-advocacy campaign.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills and proven ability to effectively organize and manage multiple responsibilities.
- Expertise specific to social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, LinkedIn, etc.).
- Strategic understanding of paid, earned and owned media integration.
- Digital marketing and CRM experience including experience with SEO, SEM, social, mobile, display, web, email and database marketing efforts as well as technology platforms for content distribution, email marketing & deliverability, and social media management.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in written format, with varying levels of company staff, clients, vendors and media.
- Innovative and solutions oriented – demonstrated resourcefulness, optimism, and flexibility in approach to project assignments.
- Intellectual curiosity and sense of humor.
Competitive with benefits
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com; No phone calls please.