Location: Los Angeles
WE ARE RALLY
RALLY is a communications firm that specializes in changing the way people think about and respond to social issues. Our team consists of experts in political, media, and digital strategy, and our clients are leading foundations, nonprofit organizations, and philanthropists.
MANAGER OF PEOPLE AND CULTURE
RALLY is seeking an enthusiastic, talented and experienced recruiter and human resources manager who is interested in further developing and deepening the culture of our firm. As imagined, this role is broadly defined to include developing our talent pipeline; leading our on-boarding, mentorship, and employee review process; managing RALLY’s employee professional development program (including company retreats, monthly educational seminars, curating interesting reading specific to our industry, etc.); and playing a significant role in ensuring RALLY remains a vibrant and wonderful place to work. Additionally, we would like this individual to assist with the management and functioning of our Los Angeles office. This role reports to RALLY’s President.
Recruiting and Talent Pipeline
- Develop and Execute Recruiting Plans
- Lead the creation of a recruiting and interviewing plan for each open position;
- Create job descriptions;
- Efficiently and effectively fill open positions;
- Post positions to appropriate locations;
- Improve the company website recruiting page to assist in recruiting;
- Research new ways of using the Internet for recruitment;
- Use social and professional networking sites to identify and source candidates;
- Research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting;
- Conduct regular follow-up with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation;
- Create pipeline of qualified candidates in advance of need;
- Maintain regular contact with possible future candidates.
- Implement and Coordinate College Recruiting and Internship/Fellowship Initiatives
- Manage RALLY’s paid internship/fellowship program, including securing appropriate candidates from local educational institutions and other sources;
- Develop working relationships within college career centers or with specific departments to aid in recruiting;
- Give presentations at colleges, attend student group meetings, and increase college awareness of the company before and after career fairs, as needed.
Administrative Duties and Record Keeping
- Screen ALL applications to evaluate if candidates meet position requirements;
- Conduct pre-screening interviews, coordinate onsite interviews and assist in the selection of who will receive an offer;
- Assist in performing reference and background checks for potential employees;
- Assist in writing and forwarding rejection letters;
- Assist in preparing and sending offer packages;
- Assist in preparing and sending new employee orientation packages;
- Maintain all pertinent applicant and interview data in a tailored tracking system;
- Lead new employee orientation and on-boarding;
- Serve as HR and payroll liaison to our operations team, responsibilities include new hire set-up and paperwork, address changes, vacation tracking, and time sheet processing.
Culture and Professional Development
- Help shape RALLY culture
- Lead the programming of RALLY’s annual retreat, holiday party, and other social events, including birthday celebrations, etc.
- Drive RALLY employee growth
- Assume responsibility for staff development, including the review process and internal learning programs;
- Propose refinements to the evaluation and mentorship process and manage the latter, including mentoring mentors;
- Address all employee relations and disciplinary matters and escalate these issues when necessary;
- Ensure consistency in addressing HR issues.
- Assist in developing RALLY’s way of working
- Be a partner in thinking about how RALLY does what it does.
Office Management Responsibilities:
- Manage the office operations such as subscription renewals, office equipment, IT, and accounting processing;
- Assist with keeping the office looking professional and motivating;
- Serve as point of contact for fellows and interns.
This individual must be deeply interested in helping to build a thriving, principled, quick-paced business by leading the recruitment, retention, and advancement of the people it takes to run such a business. The ideal candidate will be effective working both independently and as a team member, creative and bold, and eager to be a leader inside our business. In addition, the successful candidate must have:
- Previous experience working in an HR/culture position;
- Proven candidate sourcing and relationship building skills;
- Effective oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Ability to maintain the highly confidential nature of human resources work;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner;
- An energetic, self-starting, and resourceful approach and a problem-solving attitude with a knack for getting things moving and keeping them on track;
- Keen eye for detail, with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities;
- Commitment to diversity;
- Experience with recruiting for communications a plus.
- Competitive with benefits
Send resume and cover letter to Latia Curry; firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.